The humidor is a critical component of any cigar aficionado’s home. You can spend hours trying to find that perfect match, but if your humidor starts to become less than healthy, you might be faced with few options. A humidifier is an important tool for maintaining the proper conditions inside a humidor and can help keep your cigars in prime smoking condition.
Why do you need a humidor humidifier?
You’ll want a humidifier because it helps to keep your cigars fresh and prevents them from drying out. A humidifier also prevents mold and mildew from forming on the surface of your cigars, which is especially important if they’re expensive or high-end smokes.
A good humidifier will ensure that the humidity level in your box stays where it should be at all times and if you use a cheap one, you could find yourself spending more money on refills than necessary over time!
When is a humidor humidifier needed?
A humidifier is needed to keep the humidity level at a certain level, even if it’s not constant or consistent. When the humidity level is too low, cigar smoking becomes uncomfortable and irritating. This can be caused by many factors including:
- The temperature outside (if it’s cold outside)
- A lack of moisture in your home or office environment
Humidifier Repair and Maintenance Tips
- Clean your humidifier regularly. This can be done by wiping down the inside and outside of the humidifier with a damp cloth, or if you’re feeling ambitious, taking apart the unit and scrubbing it with soap and water. If you have an electric model, make sure that power is off before cleaning it and don’t forget to turn it back on after!
- Replace your humidifier when necessary. If you notice any discoloration on the inside of one of these units or if any parts seem loose it might be time for replacement; otherwise, keep using yours until something goes wrong (which could happen at any point).
- Fix problems like leaks by inspecting all seals and gaskets thoroughly before replacing anything; this will ensure that nothing gets damaged during shipping or installation by yourself later on down the line! And remember: always double-check everything before plugging up again – especially where pipes meet valves (like those found in most humidors).
Keep your humidor healthy with a proper humidifier!
If you’re buying a humidor, it’s important to know how to keep your cigars in good shape. A good humidifier will make sure that your cigars stay at their ideal moisture level and are protected against other factors that can damage or dry them out. The best way to tell if you need one is by looking at the packaging of the cigars themselves. If they came from an environment with high humidity levels (like a store), then they may not be able to handle long-term storage unless they’re stored somewhere else first and even then there’s no guarantee that the result will be satisfactory!
If you do find yourself with some damaged or dried-out sticks, don’t worry: there are plenty of options available on Amazon! Here’s what we recommend:
If you’re looking to get your humidor up to snuff, then it’s important that you do so as soon as possible. If you wait too long and let it go dry, then there may be some real damage done to your valuable investment. The good news is that there are several options available for keeping your humidor in tip-top condition, including humidifiers and dehumidifiers. You can find either one at smoke shops or online retailers like Amazon and lumbuy where they have a wide range of products for sale on their website!